Saturday 22 February 2014

Design Indaba Expo


This is one event I love and  always look forward to annually. Seemingly this year I am missing it, the one year I want to attend it so much . Let me explain Designer Indaba for those who don't know it. It is an annual design event held in CTICC ( Cape Town International Conference Centre). It's start from a Monday to a Sunday with local designers showcasing their work. This includes architects, curators & maestros. I for one am looking forward to see Khosi Nkosi, Doreen Southwood &  Laduma Ngxokolo's work. Hopefully they are showcasing their work in this year's event. Their names are not in the lineup list but I'm hopeful anyway -atleast Thula Sindi's name is there .  Laduma Ngxokolo is a man knitwear designer. I love his work. Please take time & read about  him. Doreen Southwood is a women's clothing designer, I'm sure most people are familiar with her work . She is the founder and owner of MeMeMe retail outlets. Same thing with Khosi Nkosi who her beautiful collection is sold at YDE stores nationwide. So if you are in Cape Town next weekend be sure to pop in at Design Indaba Expo you will not regret it. Let's support our local designers.







No comments: