Thursday 9 January 2014

My two fashionista icons


Solange -left and Julia-right (source:internet)


I have what I call a street-meets-luxury-style with a bit of quirkiness. I'm comfortable in my style and I love the fact that I'm not afraid to push boundaries. When I first noticed Solange Knowles I quickly identified a bit of my style in her. She's got a fabulous artistic style that leaves my jaw hanging each time I see her wearing something. She is a true fashionista and a trendsetter. She is a fan of an African print and never shies away from any great print. First time I got to understand that mismatch works was through her & it quickly grew on me. Later, I got to learn about Julia Sarr Jamois. Boy! Was I not blown away by her style!? She has a magnificent style not very far from Solange's. Whatever she puts on her body works. The first time I understood that I could make my boyfriend's clothing items look so cool on me was through Julia. Both these two ladies have their style tell a story and that story screams 'free spirited'. Exactly what I think every fashionista should do, let their style tell a story. To me, both these two ladies are true fashionista and trendsetters and they should be crown Queen of street fashion and glam. This is not a comparison rather a recognition of true fashionistas and of course my opinion.

No comments: