Tuesday 21 January 2014

My thoughts on being a fashionista or stylista




Is there really a difference. Does n't a fashionista need a great sense of style and therefore making a fashionista a stylist. Many people has their own definition of fashion and style. To me fashion and style goes together, if you do not have a style then you are not a fashionista. How can one be a fashionista lacking a great sense of style? There is somewhat interdependence between the two and atleast we should acknowledge that.


"Fashion changes but style endures" ~ Coco Chanel

I used to think I'm not  fan of fashion, I considered my self as a stylist. For years I refused to buy clothes based on trends unless I thought it had a great opportunity of staying  on trend for atleast more than just one season. As I grew older I got to understand few things, as long as I bought fashion items at a cheaper price I was good  to go. I got to understand that versatility is important and you need to be in with the trends. My sentiment is spend less on fashion and more on items that are timeless. As Coco Chanel puts it "Fashion changes but style endures". There is truth in that statement. To make things work for you make sure you have classic items & make sure you take quality into consideration. You want to move in with time, which acceptable and recommended but at least invest in one or two timeless items. Those timeless items will showcase your style. Above of all I have said always make sure you are comfortable in clothes you wear after all clothes are inherently personal.

No comments: