Wednesday 20 November 2013

Workwear .... Free at last


Work wear

Work wear has taken a turn over the years. Fashion lovers no longer feel restricted. I normally listen to my older colleagues when they tell me how things were back then. People were restricted to a certain wear & that was it, a tie for men was a must & women had to wear dresses/ skirts with high heels. Do not get me wrong there is nothing as sexy as a man in his tie, if worn with a proper wear. The fact that now they can go with out ties and look as good & sexy is a plus.  Nowadays there has been freedom at work as far as the wear is concerned. People wear to express themselves. Women no longer feel like black & navy are the only colours to wear.  Bold colours, prints, mismatches have taken over. There is definately a sense of freedom . I get inspired when people at work take the work wear to another level. I love seeing people  exploring and playing around with fashion, show casing their sense of style. There is definately a sense of liberty. I love the fact that I can play around with my clothes.I love mixing items and finding what works for me is not difficult.  My take -as far as any clothing is concerned is that - comfort is the key. As beautiful  a corset is, the fact that you have to squash yourself in it takes away a piece of its beauty. Comfort should always be standard. I love the fact that when I'm wearing my pumps, I feel as pretty as when I'm high on my heels. My favourate clothing is denim, now my denim wear does nt have to wait for a weekend.  I love my denim be it a shirt / a skirt. If i wear it I always bring a touch of formal to it, like a denim shirt & a pencil skirt and pencil heel. That look always win with me or my crop top with my high waist skirt & a pencil heel. I have also invested in low heels that allows easy mobility. There is a lot that one can play with and achieve a professional look.



Some of my favourate work looks


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah we like the ideas. fresh, colourful as well as sophisticated!